There is so much information out there about how to cover up unsightly red, white and black breakouts! It can be hard to figure out what is the best method. However, we have gathered the best and most useful information (in our opinion) into one post so you know exactly what to do to look your best and boost your confidence.
1. Start with Clean and Moisturized Skin
2. Apply Primer
3. Apply thick color-correcting concealer (usually found in a jar not a wand) in an “X” pattern across the blemish.
4. Gently pat the concealer with your finger to flatten and blend.
5. Apply Liquid Foundation of your choice with a stippling brush.
6. Use Deep Brown eyeshadow with a super small liner brush to gently dab onto the blemish to make it look like a freckle or beauty mark.
7. Use setting powder and then help it stay all in place with some finishing spray.
As a bonus, here are some ways to treat breakouts so you can start the healing process so you won’t even need the cover up!
~ Use a hot or cold compress depending on which feels the best on your skin.
~ Use an ice cube to reduce swelling.
~ Make sure your makeup brushes are clean to prevent spreading germs.
~ As a last minute help, use Visine (yes, the eye drops!) to reduce the redness. Soak a cotton pad with it and hold to the blemish for a couple of minutes and voila!
No one wants to see that breakout first thing in the morning - but there’s no need to freak out. These tips will help you treat and conceal so that you can feel beautiful and confident no matter what!